Wednesday, February 19, 2014

British Nigerian Rapper Tinie Tempah Gives Most Memorable Moment At BAFTA Awards When He High Fived Prince William


Brit/Nigerian rapper Tinie Tempah created a huge buzz last night when he gave Prince William a high five during his opening performance at the 2014 BAFTA Awards. It was a little awkward to watch because the future British King looked unsure about reciprocating the high five but quickly obliged Tinie.

This makes Tinie Tempah the first person to successfully high five a member of the royal family…trust me this is not something you see everyday…LOLz

Speaking about his royal high five Tinie told the BBC afterwards that he’d just gone for it when he saw the Prince in the front row: “Oh wow – d’you know what, it was great, I just saw him there and I was like, why not? And it felt great. I’ve seen my Twitter, it’s going crazy at the minute, but it was fun. Seriously, like such a memorable performance.”

Admitting he was pretty sure the Prince would be cool with the gesture he added: “We’ve met a couple of
times now, so I felt safe. I felt like something bad isn’t going to happen and it was alright. I was happy.”