Friday, April 11, 2014

Ice Prince: “I Don’t Think I Am Mentally Ready for Marriage”

Ice Prince Zamani - October 2013 - BellaNaija (1)
Ice Prince gets candid about jumping the broom.
The Nigerian music superstar is currently in London filming the video for his song “Mercy”; Wizkid and Chip will make cameo appearances in the video.
Just before he arrived in London, he had a quick chat with Vanguard Newspapers about life before fame, music and a typical day in his life.
Ice Prince was also asked about his relationship status and when he plans to tie the knot. He confirms that he is in a relationship – whose name he didn’t mention, but he is not quite sure on being a husband just yet.
Excerpts
On why he is still single: I don’t think I am planning to get married now because I am still young, I’m in my youth and moreover, I am just 27 years old. Maybe later in my late thirties I can start planing to get married or not.
On reasons: It’s because I still have a long way to go before thinking of settling down. I can’t say because of what I have, that I am okay to get married, no. I don’t think I am mentally ready for marriage. I think
before one could get married, one needs to attain certain level of understanding and awareness. I don’t think I have those qualities just yet.
On if he is in a serious relationship, and the possibility of marrying his baby mama: Yeah, but I wouldn’t want to talk about my girlfriend and about the mother of my baby. She is good and we are not talking about getting married because I’m not ready yet.